Just a few observations of last night’s State of the Union address. First, there were fewer instances of an expression crossing the President’s face like his previous addresses. You know them. The quizzical look of “Who put this crap on my Teleprompter? I have to fire the guy who’s writing this stuff”. He also seemingly lost the “I can’t believe the American public is stupid enough to believe any of this” eyebrow raise. He is now quite comfortable in his own arrogance.
Perhaps he did fire that guy or, given that he has been re-elected, maybe he now actually believes that he American public is really stupid enough to believe the crap he slings throughout the congressional chamber annually.
That aside, he did share with us a few insights that should be of concern to anybody who cherishes freedom and liberty.
The first of which he offered was that he wants to begin the indoctrination of our children even earlier than it starts now. If the government can start working on them between the diaper stage and the ability to form their own cognitive thoughts, then the government will own them forever.
Starting the process earlier, Big Brother can train them that:
1. The State is good and parents are bad. Parents should be spied upon for the State.
2. Parents are only capable of supplying nourishment that is approved by Michelle. Values or morals offered by parents must be shunned and any continued attempt by parents to express them must be reported to an authority figure.
3. Parents may be too restrictive in their quest to raise a child. Disciplining their offspring using corrective measures designated harsh by the State must be reported to the authority.
4. Stealing is bad, except if money or items are taken from someone who has more than you do. One must check with the State authority figure in advance to make sure the theft is not duplicated or the booty is not designated to enhance State revenue.
5. Killing another human being is wrong if you use a tool that is capable of helping one resist an oppressive government. If government has fully automatic small arms, you cannot. If they have weapons capable of semi-automatic fire, you can have only limited ammunition capacity. You must report anyone willing, wanting or capable of resisting tyranny to your local authority figure.
6. Punishment for crimes not approved by the state will be handled by a liberal court system. Your health and well-being will be of ultimate quality, including sex change operations if requested. You will be detained in the most comfortable setting possible until you get your mind right.
He also talked about managing energy. He projected how we will become energy independent through forced taxation with public monies going to currently inviable sources owned by his donors. He spoke of wind, solar and non-renewable energy, lying about how much the production of crude petroleum has increased under his watch. He used his most influencing words to take credit for not being able to reverse leases granted previous to his rule.
The President spent some time telling our enemies about the decimation of our military. He announced how he will provide a more sporting atmosphere of fewer targets for Al Queda and Taliban members in Afghanistan. He described draw-downs and timelines to let the enemy know when they can take over again and how we will retreat to indefensible levels beforehand.
He spoke of how we should accept and accommodate more uneducated, unskilled, minimum wage earning immigrants to take advantage of our generous entitlement programs; education, Welfare (with its myriad offshoot giveaways), Obamacare, etc.
Most importantly though, he told us once again how he is going to grow the economy and re-create a middle class by taking from the evil rich and giving to the chronic and slovenly lazy.
He advocated for a $9.00 per hour minimum wage to drive up the cost of all goods and services making it necessary for the indoctrinated but uneducated, unskilled poor to strike for higher wages.
He simply does not understand how business works. He doesn’t know, or at best doesn’t care, that a higher minimum wage also means the employer also has to pay more in matching taxes and workman compensation. Depending on the job title, workman comp can cost the employer as much as an additional 3%-90% of the wage.
Minimum wage should be entry-level and not meant to sustain a family. That is why private education and higher education must be more affordable. Education and work ethic will allow a person to rise beyond poverty, not greater government handouts. Those will only keep people in a holding pattern, awaiting more.
We’re looking good folks, can’t wait until next year.